Abs light is on and speedo not working and shifts funny

10

Asked by Oct 04, 2013 at 12:47 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Chevy Van

The battery sparked

5,820

What do you mean battery sparked?

10

While taking off the battery wrench hit metal and sparked, that's when this all started

5,820

You did not take the negative off first? You shorted something out when you shorted the battery out. You all way take the negative off first so that you do not have a ground to short to. You are lucky the bat did not blow up in your face. Should probly check fuses and relays

10

I know, i checked the fuses and I checked the relays I could find, they all look good, thanks for the help.

98,555

Try this: disconnect the negative cable, turn on the headlight switch wait at least 30 seconds, turn off headlight switch, reconnect battery start engine and roadtest to recheck, if problem is still present then get an ohm meter, remove and ohm each fuse just to make sure you didn't miss one.

40

Apparently I'm having the same problem. The speedometers not working, ABS light is on, and the trans won't shift out of first. I tried the headlight method, but still nothing.