Blowing Dash Fuses Constantly

Asked by Jun 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM about the 1987 Ford Laser

I went down to the servo the other night and everything was good. When i was heading home again i noticed that my dash fuse has blown. I replaced it and blew another one straight away. I haven't done anything to the car electronically for a fair while so can anyone tell me what may have caused it and where do i start looking?

electeral issue,start with the cluster.

Thanks for that. I found the problem but i can't understand it. I had a hunch that the radio might be the problem. So i disconnected it and all is good. My problem with that is when i have blown the other fuses i tested without the keys in the ignition so there is no power going the radio. But it works so i can't complain i would just like to know why really.

is it a aftermarket radio,if so hook the power wire to the fuse marked radio or one that is hot when key is on.if it has a memory for the stations,clock it needs to be in a fuse that stays hot all the time,if you have a yellow wire on radio hooked to any other wire unhook it.that wire always blows fuses.

Once again thanks for that. I might have a look at it this weekend or even on my public holiday this thursday.