05 Nissan X- Trail, Is there an issue (in Canada) with loose intake butterfly screws?

Asked by May 17, 2011 at 01:16 AM about the 2005 Nissan X-Trail

Hello I'm a newbie here, considering buying an X-Trail wondering if this car that is made in Canada has this issue, many in Australia apparently had this problem which ruins the engine if they come loose, does any one know if this is an issue in This country, I can't find info,. on it for Canada. I test drove a "red" one today and loved it but need info prior to purchasing. Or any other reason I shouldn't get this vehicle? Thanks for any advice. ccrew

I have not herd of this problem,the butterfly has a rod with a tapered end on it,not screws.

Hello Papa and thanks for your reply engine will be the QR25DE that is effected and it is loose butterflly valve screws located inside the 2.5 litre engine's variable length intake manifold and from vibration can come loose and get sucked inside the motor causing major damage (loose intake butterfly screws). I can't find which site I was on have been searching to post for you, but of course can't find. May have been an Australian site. Does this make more sense to you? Or perhaps they are made differently here? Thanks for your reply, ccrew

yea I did a search on it,.in canada their are 2 small screws on butterfly ,they screw to the rod inside throttle body.get a tube of lock tight remove 1 screw at a time put lock tighr on threads screw back in,do other wait about 30 min,to dry,that should cure the problem with them comeing loose.

Papa Yes thanks, but I read that eventually they will probably still loosen Not sure if I should buy this one! Thanks, ccrew

may be a good idea.