help mp3 connection

Asked by Sep 29, 2013 at 08:29 AM about the 2006 Volkswagen Polo

i have a vw polo 56 plate, 3 door hatchback. on the cd player it says mp3, howver i cannot find a connection anywhere. i want to connect my ipod to play music, can someone help, where is the connection? it is not anywhere on the dashboard or cd player, and it is not under the handbrake.

Looks like you need to use the "Aux In" jack, which should be located in front of the shifter and cup holder...and to the right of the 12V outlet as in the picture below.

I don't have that, the 13v is more to the left and I don't have any aux in socket? Well not that I can see near there or on the cd player

Ok...I overlooked the easiest (and the least expensive IMO) solution to your problem. There are kits that you can buy from or eBay that will allow you to play the iPod through your stereo system without the need for an Aux In Jack. An example of one is pictured below...You would plug it into your 12V power outlet on the dash..and you'd use the digital FM tuner included with it. Connect that to your iPod and you're in business!

Scott Sr.

Some VW models had a connection in the glove box...but depending on age of vehicle, the MP3 label on the radio may simply mean it is compatible with MP3s on CD. In this case, refer to your manual for proper formatting and file labeling when creating CDs. Otherwise, the FM connection kits mentioned above are a viable solution.