Gas

Asked by Feb 09, 2016 at 05:08 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Caprice

Im getting my first car and i was looking at a
Caprice classic for 2,900 everything seem
good on it but i was wondering if it was
expensive to keep repaired and also if they
are gas guzzlers (take lots of gas a day).

5,555

Hmm, see if there is coolant in the oil, oil in the coolant, and smell the exhaust to see if you can tell parts of CO, CO2, NO and Oxygen...not that your nose can do that, but certainly you can tell if it's burnin' oil...and can check the dipstick....examine the outside of the engine for oil leaks too~ check the upholstery and the pedal wear, and look at the brake shoes...you COULD be out of the woods, if you're lived a pure and happy life ~

5,555

Sight down to see if there is any prior body damage or wrecks, do a carcheck and look at the tires to see if there is enough "meat" left...see if the alignment is bad by looking at the wear...and the inflation too~ sniff the transmission oil to see if it's burnt..and the color too....should be cherry red...you know at the shop we'd have 26 points of inspection...would take it to a shop to have this car inspected...have seen cars that were welded by the junkyard from two other cars....prior accidents often use a Power-pull mechanism...still the body gets damaged and in a spin out will have influence on the vehicle~ so ya, get 'er looked at~!