Nissan Ute knocking

Asked by Jun 02, 2017 at 04:16 AM about the 2003 Nissan Navara

I have a 2003 Nissan Navara d22 rwd petrol 3.0ltr V6, that also has an LPG tank on it. I normally run it on LPG. Ive had this ute for 4 years, best car I ever owned, never any problems. However, occasionally, and its completely random, as I'm driving it feels like something is hitting under the bonnet. Almost like if the bonnet catch was loose, or if someone was hitting under it with a hammer. It may happen for half an hour, it may not happen for weeks at a time. But some of the hits you can even see the bonnet jerk up a bit. It doesn't seem to effect anything, but I can feel it and hear it when it happens. Any ideas what this could be....and I have checked the bonnet catch and its fine.

No answers yet