my ford mondeo 2.0tdci has a has a pinging sound from the fuel rail bar on tickover what could it be

Asked by Feb 05, 2014 at 02:46 PM about the 2006 Ford Mondeo

on tick over the fuel rail bar has a pinging noise when you rev the engine it goes, also the heater plug light flashers

John Brown

your fuel pump is cavitating, making air pockets in line, when you rev motor it pulls more fuel releasing air pockets. replace pump it will eventually fail and bleed out air from fuel system, also look for any leaks that may let in air.