I have an ford mondeo 2003 st 2.5 lt and i was wondering what I can do to the engine to get more power and speed out of it

25

Asked by Apr 19, 2009 at 04:52 AM about the 2003 Ford Mondeo

25

I assume your taking about a st24 - standard ? (not at st200 or st220 etc)

25

Its not a high performance car.. The engine was designed by porsche and cosworth . It was design to be reliable as it is and I don't think you need to mess with it?

35

the engine buleprint is almost identical to that of the 6 series mazda 2.5 v6 which ford got there hands on when they purchased mazda the engine is though hard to tune as the cost gets expensive quickly because it is a v6 cheap performance mods are exhaust, induction kit and ecu modification any engine modification ie high lift cams upgrade the bottom end will cost double due to the 2 banks of the engine otherwise a supercharger is the next step but easily look at £3000 to do turbos have been done but are prone to being unreliable.

25

Thank you for the replies, it has given me some ideas on what to (and not) do to my car. as for asking why I want to do this, is that I have heard stories from the uk about cops usng the st as an undercover car to chase crim's. and I was curious what that would entail and how would it fair on the track..... but all dreams are free. lol

25

yep that's my lil baby

25

Simple upgrades to the ST200 inlets both Upper & Lower Manifolds will see an improvement, either trawling thought eBay or down at your local breakers from a smashed model are probably your best bets on sourcing parts, you can upgrade the exhaust with some MSDS Headers, these will allow the air to escape quicker, this combined with a de-cat'll help quiet a bit, bear in mind that the V6 engine actually runs 2 pre-cats(1 per bank) and it's normal bigger cat,(total of 3 cats) this larger main Cat can be removed & still pass an emissions test... It's not an easy engine to tune, however it's the same engine used in the Nobel's albeit Twin turbo'd Hope that helps Dan

5

Ford Mustang 4.0 v6 70mm throttle body and a air intake :) cheap and you will notice youve done it meaty roar too!