Has Anyone done an E 350 Single to Dual Fuel Tank Conversion?

5

Asked by Dec 03, 2010 at 07:43 PM about the 2005 Ford Econoline Cargo

I have a 2005 E 350 Cargo Van with the 6.0 PSD.  It has a 35 gallon fuel tank, 4.10 gear and AOD transmission.  I do a LOT of long distance trips with little to no towing.  As bad as I hate having to stop for fuel, and as bad as it makes me feel to fill up my tank at a place that I know is gouging me, just because my tank is empty and there is no other competition around that sells diesel, I'm wanting to add a 55 gallon E 450 shuttle van fuel tank to my E 350.  Then, IF there is ever bargain fuel, I can stock up and save a buck or two.

Has anyone ever done this conversion and what is involved?  I have located the tank, straps and filler neck with cap.  Now, the hard part.  I know I'll need an electric fuel tank selector solenoid valve, fuel lines, possibly a guage that reads the level in both tanks and no telling what else.  Is there anyone out there who can enlighten me?

just to put it plane & simple,no,it wont work,instead of waiteing until it is empty on fuel,refuel at 1/2 tank.onley way to do it is to mount it in rear of van,which would be illegal to do,& get a hand operated pump & hose to fill exhisting fuel tank.