corsa 1.3cdti 04 reg

Asked by Feb 16, 2014 at 06:28 AM about the 2004 Vauxhall Corsa

Starting problem When I try to start the car it turns over ,sort of runs for a few seconds. however the engine shakes front to back very violently and sounds like a bag of nails then cuts out. Have had the rac out but he was not very interested he said he was concerned about the noise he thought water may have got into the engine but the air filter was just damp not much water I have had 2 mechanics look at it and both have discounted water but have no Idea what it could be. Has anyone else had any similar problems

You have had "mechanics" look at it and they have "no idea" what it can be? And water is involved? How can I tell you more than that without seeing the car? I will say this: it doesn't sound good-