Cam Shaft Covers

5

Asked by Jan 01, 2010 at 05:42 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

ok so here is the thing, I have a 98 z24 5 speed manual 2.4L engine and i bought it off my old machanic and there were a few probs i fixed BUT...now in the engine there a few leaks in the coolant ( which is not the big prob) ...so i was lookign around in it and i found oil leaking all through my engine... i found it leaking into my spark plugs so i changed those and the cars still runs ...so i took it to a "real" mechanic and he told me my cam shaft covers upper and lower are broken and it is unsafe to drive...is there anything i can do MYSELF to fix it..or somewhere cheap to buy parts...the car is worth 800$ and its gonna cost 2000$ to fix....help please?!

35

If you goi to your local auto store and buy the haynes manual for the car it will tell you how to do the repair step by step

5

i have a manual for my car in the glove compartment.... is this book your talking about different then that one ? :)

35

Yes its a manual that you buy separate from the car. It will tell you how to do just about any repair to your car step by step. And all you need after that is tools

5

alright, thank you for your help. I cant wait to fix it, i miss drivin it.

35

lol yeah I have a 96 Z24

5

Nice !! i sadly dont have any really good pictures of my car, i donno why i havent taken any lol...but my car WAS in good condition, i just happen to buy a "lemon" as my dad says lol ( he is a car fan too) so its just my luck to have my car do this lol. Grr, oh well, hopefully me and a few buddy's can fix it rather then bringin it to a shop... i dont trust anyone with my car anymore. If im not fixing and cant watch the person fixing it... its not getting done lol