last 2 weeks door locks on my 1998 chevy blazer lock and unlock by themselves,other morning was 30 degrees went to start truck make a fast clicking sound. Took key out still made clicking sound,now no

Asked by Dec 08, 2014 at 11:38 AM about the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

Truck running fine except for doors locking/unlocking on own. 30 degrees the other morning, truck made a fast clicking sound. Tried to jump, wouldn't start, just clinking. Took key out, still clicking. Now nothing, no clicking, no lights, no horn, nothing. Bought Battery in 2011, Any ideas?

60

When ever I have done some work on my 1998 blazer in the last six years, I would need to charge my battery. I have changed my battery in 2009. Over a year ago my jimmy would not start, I boosted it, it started, then the doors would lock themselves and a sparking sound would emit from the steering column. This would occur all night long then by morning I would have to boost it again. It was suggested that it was my fuel pump, so I changed it. It worked well after that for a year then I had to keep get getting it jumped. So I put a new battery in. A week ago I put a new ball joint in and had the Blazer up on blocks to change it. The doors kept locking themselves and now there is absolutely no response when I put the key in and switch the key into the on position. No lights, no dashboard, no clicking sounds, nothing. Now my battery says there is no voltage even across my Battery posts. I'm curious to know what the solution to this would be too.