Any ideas why my car is making a whining noise when I put my foot on the clutch when I'm in first? I was told it was the thrust bearing so had a new clutch kit out I. But it's still doing it.

Asked by Dec 09, 2013 at 10:19 AM about the 2002 Renault Clio

170

Are you positive the kit contained the thrust bearing? Most of the time all you get is the clutch and pressure plate? I would never consider installing a new clutch without replacing the bearing. It's just not worth the extra labor if it's in poor condition.

Yes it defiantly had the thrust bearing in it, and I was shown the old thrust bearing once the job was finished

2,645

It is possible that the new thrust bearing is faulty or possibly you have a worn first motion shaft bearing, presuming that is the noise is coming from the gearbox area. Either way you will probably have to remove the gearbox again.