How many are left?

10

Asked by Mar 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM about the 1978 Plymouth Fury

How many 1978 Plymouth Fury's are still in the U.S.?

More than one, less than 100,000. Dude, I don't mean to be sarcastic. well actually I suppose I did, my apologies, But you are asking an impossible question.

Ok. In 1977... for the 1978 model year, 43,488 were built. Sales of all of the Chrysler Corporation's C-body models for the 1974-1978 model years were considerably disappointing; the Plymouth Fury was no exception. As for how many are left? On the road? Very, very few

I just did some more reading on the subject and because of the overstock of inventory at Chrysler Dealers on that car, 15,500 were shipped to Mexico, Africa, VietNam, South Korea (South Korea had not begun to build cars). Yet. Eastern Europe, and even the then USSR. They had to get rid of them, they were not selling here in the US. That left about 28,000 of them here, and if you extrapolate the average number of any 1978 cars left, that leaves ,uh, less than one

10

Wow. Thanks. That almost mades it sound like my is the last one left. lol. I love my '78 Fury. It's runs like a tank, keeps going tho it needs a lot of work, and it can barrow through just about anything. Course I always was a girl who rather have a car that runs and may not look so pretty, more that a car that looks pretty but runs like....... well I'll save that one for the bathroom. XD Thanks for the help.

A Classic. That's what you have.