Charger/Fury identification

45

Asked by Nov 22, 2011 at 05:04 PM about the 1972 Plymouth Fury

In the early 80's I owned a Plymouth and a few of the details have been escaping me for some
time now.  Maybe you guys can help.  It was the Plymouth version of the Dodge Charger.  I
think it was a 72, and it had the verrrry long front end (it looked like about 4 feet hung out past
the front tire).  The rear was shorter, like the chargers of that time.  The only real differences
were the tail lights, from what I remember.  Could this have been a Gran Fury x(1,2,3)?  
Seems like it was in the Fury line but the more I look online for pictures the more frustrating it
gets!  I only owned it for like 8 months right before I went in the Army and I was working 2 jobs
so I didn't have a lot of time to spend with it, though I would have liked to! Oh, btw- the tail
lights were real similar to other 72 Fury's, little "boxes" left to right instead of the grill look the
charger tails had.

Ed, I can't answer you question, but I was wondering if you are interested in buying my Fury. It is a 1970 Plymouth Fury III with only 32,420 original miles. Here is the description I put in the ad: "1970 Plymouth Fury III. Only 32,420 original miles. 100% original. Excellent condition. Starts every time and runs great. Always garaged. Fully loaded. Power everything. Numbers matching. MOPAR. This Plymouth Fury III is a big, classic, luxury car. Price is $12,500 or best offer." Let me know if you have any interest. My email is kevinplante@alum.syracuse.edu, and my cell is 617-784-8306. Thanks!

45

Oh, would if I could! I have been looking for something for my stepson, but we have a few years and the budget won't allow it for now. That is a great car and a great price, especially with that few original miles! I hope it finds a good home and good luck!

Thanks Ed!