Location of filler / drain plug on Rear Diferential of a 1965 Ply. Fury 3

Asked by Sep 24, 2013 at 06:09 PM about the 1965 Plymouth Fury

Can anyone offer a little help ? I am looking for the filler or drain plug on the rear end of a 1965 Ply. Fury 3 ( 318 V-8 Poly Block ). I have been able to lift the back end up & look the back side over but I do not see a drain plug ! I am thinking it should be in the front part of the housing ?? Due to health , it is hard for me to get down on my back & crawl under the car so hope to find the location to save me some time & pain !!
I am getting a little Howling coming form the back end , not sure if it may be a wheel bearing or the rear end gears . Want to check oil level first to be sure there is proper gear oil. I appreciate any help and advice anyone can offer me .
Thank you ( handnhand65@hotmail.com )

it is entirely possible that there is not a drain plug. many times you just loosen the cover and let the fluid drain out. the you put the cover back on and fill it back up after you have gotten and debris out.

look on the passenger side of the center section in line with the pinion. you will have to go underneath to access it.