windows fogging

5

Asked by Nov 26, 2011 at 09:55 PM about the 1965 Plymouth Fury

65 fury, windshield fogs up, even with no rain or fog

the heater core is bad,you can bypass the core, unhook both hoses comeing out of firewall off the heater core together with a pipe & 2 clamps until it is replaced.that will stop the foging,just wont have any heat

Take the time and fix your heater core. I wrecked my first 1971 Gran Sport Fury back in 1988 because everybody told me it was "unfixable" and that I'd just have to "learn to live with it... drive with the windows down to de-fog the windows..." I spent two winters with secondary bronchitis/pneumonia because I listened to people who were too cheap/lazy to help me get the heater in my car fixed. As a result of poor visibility on my way to school, I wrecked the one car I loved more than any other car I've ever driven (and nearly died in the process). If human hands built it, human hands can fix it. It is all a matter of determination, dedication, terminacity and basic know-how. If it was built, it can be fixed, even if you have to scratch-build replacement parts with a hacksaw and a file. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

150

Heater core is leaking

8,495

Heater core is not that difficult on that car. Check the service manual, and it will tell you step by step. Even having a heater core made is under $100, so well worth the investment.