hello, I have a question regarding my 1968 barracuda that I am getting ready to restore. Can I put a shaker scoop on it? will the 70 fit

Asked by May 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM about the 1968 Plymouth Barracuda

Can a 1968 barracuda be fitted with a shaker assembly for a 70?

Do you mean hood replacement? pardon my ignorance but do not know what a "shaker assembly" is, reminds me of the Pennsylvania Dutch-- think you may have to change the hood out if this is what I think it is~

165

you can put a shaker scoop on it, it would take a lot of modification to your hood, and won't look right. the 68 and 70 cudas are totally different. it is possible just a lot of work I would run the factory hemi scoop on it, they look really good with those.

Best Answer Mark helpful

a picture of it might help~

3,595

you need the hood from a '68 hurst Hemi 'cuda like the one Ronnie Sox used to drive .. this car set all kinds of records in the super stock automatic classes and is still competitive today ! that's THE BADASS hood for that car .. Sox and Martin's SS/AA '68 cuda and SS/AA Dart ran in the 9's with the A-990 crossram drag Hemi 650 HP !!