Sunroof Leaking

Asked by Jun 12, 2012 at 07:45 PM about the 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor

SUV has 54000 miles - have never used my sunroof and keep the cover pulled.  Appeard that sunroof does not completely close but dealer said it was okay.  Went thru a car wash that just sprays (no brushes) and water poured into the vehicle from the sunroof.  After soaking up the water, I opened the sunroof so the air could help dry this area and then sunroof would not close for several days but does not close completely.  The water stained my headliner top and side of SUV as well as the sunroof cover (a real mess).
I took my car to dealer under warranty plus extended warranty and they state a sunroof needs general maintenance every 12000 miles and they will not cover.  I have had numerous sunroofs in the past and never had I been told about the routine general maint. every 12000 miles (cost is $95).  How accurate is this info?  Thank You  

263,745

Not sure on how the Mitsubushi dealers work, but I think they don't want to help you. You can start complaining some more, talk to the manager, and then a regional manager, or you can take it to another Mitsubishi dealer in your area and have them advise you. Bring it to their attention that they said it was OK to leave the dealership in the past with an open sunroof. So if you have the warranty I don't see why it wouldn't be covered. My 2 cents.

I have the same problem with my 2007 Endeavor. The dealer told me that they adjusted it on the track but I should not use it as it could leak again. How's that for a fix; nevertheless, I have not used the roof and it still leaks!

I have had the same problem with my 2007 endeavor. It has been in repeatedly to the dealer for fix, and of course problem would reoccur just outside of warranty of work. I do now take my car to a guy who cleans the drains etc. but the basic underlying problem that the left rail of the sunroof has stripped screws so the sunroof is not flush in the front. After finding out the cost of the repair (replacement is only fix now) I believe Mitsubishi did not want to replace the sunroof from the beginning when that is what was needed. My car in all other areas is awesome my mileage is 43500 so for now still keeping the car, but will never by a Mitsubishi again

I discovered why my sunroof leaks. If you open the roof and close it when you want it closed be sure to push up on the switch (which opens the rear of the roof ) when the roof is closed! Then push the switch forward to close the rear. This will enable the roof to completely close the front and seal it so water cannot enter. If you slide the shade back you will see a slight gap between the roof and the sunroof. This gap occurs when you close the roof from any open position. As I said before, when the roof is closed, push up on the switch, then close it. The gap in the front between the roof of the car and the sunroof will not be there.

I have an 07 Endeavor that leaks. Especially in down pours. grrrr

My sunroof on the 07 Endeavor has been nothing but problems. I broke something in the track so I had it reseated and disconnected the switch to make it a moonroof. Problem is, the glass will no longer stay seated correctly. No matter how many times I adjust it to flush, it rises and creates wind noise and sometimes leakage. I had the glass set perfect, closed the door and immediately the force of the inside air pressure popped it up. My other vehicle has a pressure dampening device that I don't think Mitsubishi though of designing into this vehicle. Big mistake - HUGE mistake.