1988 Honda CRX Ac fitting issue

Asked by Apr 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM about the 1988 Honda Civic CRX

I am replacing the high and low pressure lines from bulkhead to firewall (badly leaking fill valves). The new pipe/hose assemblies come standard with R-12 valves. I use R134A so I purchased the standard valve adapter kit from Autozone.
The problem is that, while the low side adapter was fine, the high side R-12 fitting on the pipe has a smaller thread diameter than the adapter. In fact the R-12 fitting on my gauge set won't even mate up to it.
I didn't even know there was another thread size available.
I could just install the two lines with the funky high side fitting, but in the future i may want to use this tap.
Any ideas??  

Found the correct size adapter and all is well.