pgm-efi

Asked by Mar 20, 2010 at 07:46 PM about the 1987 Honda Civic CRX

this light came on today, I drove for about 2 miles to get home. When I got home I turned the engine off, waited for about 20 seconds and turned the engine back on , this light did not come on. I get freaked out when lights come on like this, My CRX_SI is an 87, what could be the problem? is it expensive to repair if there is a problem, I will say that the car seemd a little slower at times this week, I thought it mught be the gas I bought.

11,845

Its a check engine light wanna be. There is an emissions malfunction on your engine. In the event of a PGM-FI system electrical malfunction, a dash mounted indicator lamp will light and stay lit. If the dash warning lamp is on, or if a system malfunction is suspected even though the lamp is off, it is necessary to check the electronic control unit LED display. The LED display is on the ECU, and the indicator lamps operate whenever the ignition is on and a trouble code is stored in the ECU memory. On Civic, CRX and 1985 Accord, the ECU contains four LED's, numbered 1, 2, 4 an 8 when counted from right to left. When the warning lamp on the dash is lit and a failure code is stored in the ECU memory, the LED indicators will be illuminated to indicate the failure code. On 1986-88 Accord and Prelude a single LED is used. When an abnormality is detected the LED display on the ECU blinks. The LED blinks a certain number of times, with the number of blinks indicating the number of the failure code. After the LED blinks a number of times there will be a 2 second pause and the LED will blink out the number of the next failure code. I think your PGM is under the passenger seat - Take it to a qualified technician to be repaired

1,045

yep, what mike bonnell said

25

so what does it mean if your led light is just steady and not blinking?