car pulls to the right when you let go of the steering wheel. is this a serious problem

Asked by Mar 15, 2012 at 01:20 AM about the 1988 Chrysler Le Baron

8,395

there can be many causes- first check your tire pressures to make sure they are inflated properly- if they are low it will pull to that side. If that is o.k. you may need to have a wheel allignment done. Most roads are built higher in the middle and lower on the sides now(to facilitate drainage), so it should naturally do that some- switch lanes, and if it goes to the left then it is normal and shouldn' t need allignment

3,045

listen up kids your missen the point ... 1988 was 23 years ago the car is worn out in the front end unless it's been rebuilt before .. since it pulls to the right , it waws probably curbed pretty hard at some point and it skewed the alignment .. OR the brake calipers could be stuck if they've never been replaced I would guess it's the alignmet too ... that would be the cheapest place to start ... PBn

295

My 89 GTC ran left a little under normal conditions, and pulled hard left with the anchors applied, I took it in, and yep... It had been almighty kerbed on the near side at some stage (that being on the left as it happened here in the UK). A couple of fresh steering parts and it was running straight as an arrow again.