How do I fix electronis instrument panel problems?

25

Asked by May 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM about the 1988 Chrysler Le Baron

I have a 1988 Chrysler LeBaron with an electronic instrument cluster/panel that starts to go wild after the car is running for a while. It gets worse when the weather is 70 degrees or above.  For example, the speed numbers just go irratic, jumping from 35 mph to 120 mph to 0 mph, etc. etc. for no reason.  Is their any cheap easy fix for this?

295

IS IT JUST THE SPEEDO OR ALL THE GAUGES MOST LIKELY PROBLEM IF ITS ALL THE GAUGES IS CORRODED GROUND LINE TO PANEL IF ITS JUST THE SPEEDO CHECK THE SENDING UNIT ON TRANNY FOR DIRT OR POOR CONNECTION

45

Digital clusters a pos's. Probably need to break the cluster open and resouder (I know thats not how you spell that) the joints in the cluster itself. Q