Write your topic ...Electronic Panel Cluster

Asked by Apr 16, 2010 at 06:52 PM about the 1986 Chrysler Le Baron

Went dead - can only read the tripometer.  Where can I find a replacement?  Was this a recall?

10

I don't know about the older LeBarons but many chryco vehicles have issues with solder joints on the back of the instrument cluster. I know I had to repair the circuit board on my Neon and I also know that the Grand Cherokees have similar issues. If I were you I'd pull the cluster and look/test for burnt/broken traces and/or cold solder joints. It could be a simple, inexpensive fix and, afterall, what do you have to lose tryng it?