starter

Asked by May 19, 2009 at 03:16 PM about the 1986 Chrysler Le Baron

What is the difficulty level of replacing a starter?

115

it's not... just make sure when you start the job to disconnect the batteries ( - ) . have fun.

35

its actually kind of a pain in the ass if its a turbo... not a lot of space to work and im pretty sure theres still a bolt that you have to put on the top side of the starter that you cannot see and cannot reach unless you have a long extension and a swivel socket.

295

IS IT A 2.5 TUBO OR 3.0 L V6

It took me a can of liquid wrench and a hammer to loosen the top and second to top bolts....and patience. But I'm not a mechanic and working with my back on the dirt. It's notcomi ated, just a pain in the ....if the bolts were put on by Thor

*Complicated

NOT complicated..is what I meant to type