my car dash light and dash alarm keeps going off at random while i drive

Asked by Nov 12, 2016 at 10:31 PM about the 1985 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

my car dash light keeps going on and off  its saying low antifreeze but both radiator and the other thing is full but the light and the alarm keeps going on and off at random I think its a senser but I don't know where its at

65,955

Unplug the low coolant level sensor. If the light and alarm stop going off the sensor is bad. Most of the time the sensor gets dirty and can't "see" the coolant. HTH. -Jim

65,955

Looks like the sensor screws into the radiator, on the same side as the radiator cap, about halfway down. You'll see an electrical connector plugged onto it. HTH. -Jim