1980 olds regency- model 98/ 350 V8 won't stay running

Asked by Jan 16, 2015 at 07:03 PM about the 1980 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

Have installed new ignition module and fuel pump. Still cuts out and stalls, will sometimes run for 2-3 hours and then up and die. Have checked distributor and cleaned,
checked plugs and wires.Help!

6,960

what about the pick-up in the distr. ? Those are done most successfully with A/C Delco parts, together. Then take the top apart and inspect the strap and the rotor button...but, Be sure your spark was not just firing thru the rotor and using the distr. shaft for a ground