is it hard to change a front hub? people keep telling me they are going to help me but they dont so being a female i would like to know if tis hard for me to do myself

Asked by Nov 03, 2016 at 09:14 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet Venture

it sounds like I'm driving a mac truck an when I hit 60 the van shakes

26,585

There are plenty of youtube vids on the procedure for nearly all makes and models out there. However, if you aren't absolutely certain it is in fact the hub bearing, you may find you still have shakes and rattles after replacing it. You would need a jack and jackstands, along with a basic set of tools. If you're dealing with stuck or rusty parts, you may find you need a torch to heat parts up, various penetrating oils to free them, a mallet for persuasion, etc. If you're the creative type you can probably get by on the expletives, otherwise Google "how to curse like a sailor," as you'll need some good ones when messing with hub bearings (they're not as bad as ball joints, but still...) Here is the thing about hub bearings. Like ball joints or other front end work, once you rip it apart, that car ain't going anywhere till you fix it. So don't start the work unless your 100% you can finish it. Otherwise, take it to a decent mechanic and have it done.