Pioneer DEH-1400 Install questions

25

Asked by Nov 03, 2007 at 05:21 PM about the 1992 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

O.K. I have a bit of experience installing car stereos, so no need for the basics. What i need is first the wire schematics/diagrams. I need to know which wire is which in the car and on the radio as they do not fit each other the wires need to be stripped and matched. Also one more question.. The RCA jacks in the rear are for an amp/output and not aux right?

Thank you in advance...
kevinskull

42,945

You should get a Haynes manual or factory shop manual. These will have all of the right diagrams for you. I put an '82 Cadillac digital cassette deck in a '77 Caddy once, it was a bear without the shop manual. The RCA jacks are for output, you are correct.

205

before cutting into your vehicles wiring harness call or email Crutchfields, i'm sure they have a harness adapter to get you from factory to whatever player your going to use, and if you swap back to the factory radio for any reason, way simpler. yeah, the RCA's are amp. out and probably have a line level setting for them. another reason for a harness adapter is if you car has a power antenna feed(switched), you can use that to controll the power on/off function for your amp.(s), which typically mount in a remote location(trunk).