how do I open the hood to my 1998 Oldsmobile cable seems to have broke.

Asked by Jan 08, 2015 at 07:25 AM about the 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

119,715

Did the cable break in the car or under the hood? If it broke inside is the any exposed cable that you put a vise grip on and pull it? if its broken under the hood you will need to go underneath the car look up to where the hood latches and reach up you should be able to put your finger into where the latch release is or to see the plastic cable.you will feel a lever and you need to pull it towards the drivers side, Have a flashlight with you.

119,715

This may help

The guy that was working on it said when he went to open it it felt like it snapped, I see no cable nor does it have any resistance when I pull lever.

119,715

You will need to get under the car as in the photo, seems like it broke somewhere down the length of the cable.

Our '98 Olds 88 doesnt not look like this. There is a black plastic box where the square hole is shown in the picture. I cant seem to locate a lever.