What is approx. value of 1978 Olds Ninety Eight?

Asked by Mar 10, 2008 at 05:57 PM about the 1978 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight

Car is clean and has approx. 200,000. orig. miles.  Original owner- would appreciate
any info available on this year car.  Belonged to mother.
thank you  

6,855

Not a whole lot of demand for these cars although I personally love them (right now I have a 1993 Ninety Eight) The 1978 Olds Ninety Eight was one of the first cars I drove.... AHHH the memories. But back to reality. With the cost of gas getting higher and higher, alot of these old (big) cars are being passed over. It is a shame really. But in todays market I could see this car being around $500 up to $1200 (maybe just a little more if you can find someone with some memories. They are nice cars. best of luck

42,575

Yep, with that kind of mileage, $500-1200 is about the best you will get.

agreed.

35

I wouldn't say that is all you can get for it.The ol delta's came with some rare olds engines in them ovewr a few years.If it's a 455 car to the right person it could be worth more.Provided the body isn't falling off of it.That many miles though.....I dunno.I'd need to see a pic.

505

yeah the motor has some part in the value, and so does the interior, and body, i just bought a 79 2dr grand prix with a 3.8 the car has 160,000 miles and 5,000 on the new motor for 250, but i bought it from my grandpa, but i would say this car if its the car in the pic and its a v8, i would say 400-1200 all depends on everything, 400 if its not all too great, but with those miles its hard to say really, but i would look in an old car trader magazine or ebay and see what they are going for. good luck.

205

200K miles, lots of stuff is either pretty much worn out or on it's way there. if it's in excellent garage kept, well maintained condition then to somebody maybe a few thousand dollars. probably has that olds. 403 motor maybe a 307. the 2 door ones seem to be more sellable than the fours, who knows. if it's a '77 then it's the first year of the downsized B/C bodies, mechanical parts a real plentiful for these vehicles.