I have a 1969 Buick Electra 225 with a 430. I just bought a Holley 4 barrel carburator (part #0-8058S). I was wondering if I should change the intake manifold and gas line at the same time?

35

Asked by Nov 20, 2016 at 03:44 AM about the 1969 Buick Electra

7,835

how's the gas line condition? if it looks rusty or worn , yes replace.. had a 70 455 lesabre once. great car!

110,725

NICE CAR ! If the tank is original I would have a tendency to replace it.the line should be good bloe them out and I would also replace the filter and float in the tank.

1,530

no need to change the manifold if the carb you purchased fits it. If you do not know the history of the car, you should at least change the gas filter. If the gas line is rusty, badly bent or does not align well with the new carb you might consider changing the line.

79,375

You don't need to replace the intake but you might pick up a little performance if you use a modern, aluminum intake. Keep the old one for originality.