ac not working out of vents,fan not blowing.heat does not blow out dash vents

Asked by May 31, 2015 at 09:48 PM about the 1962 Buick Electra

heater blows out under dash only. air does not blow at all, are there relays or switches that r bad or is it wireing or what all I know its hot here

Hello, Of that era, your problem is vacuum. Vacuum is used to switch directions within the plenum of the heat/AC ducts. Default, (no vacuum) requires all air to be directed to windshield and floor. Start at the engine, look for the main line leading into the firewall; and, make sure you have collapsed hoses, and no carbon in the intake fitting. Most likely if all is good there, one or more of the vacuum servos is leaking, or the bulkhead vacuum connector on back of the actual AC/Heat panel selector is leaking. Hope this Helps, AskTrannyman

Best Answer