1960 Electrea 225 fuel Tank

15

Asked by Jun 13, 2013 at 09:26 PM about the 1960 Buick Electra

Where can I get one of these puppies?
Thanks,
BuzGuy

254,395

http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/fuel-tanks/make/buick/model/electra/submodel/225

15

Tom: Thanks for the Summit information. May I ask you, but what makes you think those tanks will work on my Electra? The first on your list might fit with the license plate tank filler tube but you can see in the picture it requires a twist-in type sending unit instead of the older five (5) screw-mount type. To the best of my knowledge these twist-in senders do not come in the 0-30 ohm variety as my Buick requires. For some reason unbeknownst to me as to why, GM switched to a 0-90 ohm tank sender format in about 1966. Maybe you know of a 0-30 ohm twist-in sender? Also, is the size of this tank you sent me appropriate for my car without modifying the tank straps? I really hope you are right about this but right now that's doubtful. Thanks, BuzGuy