1986 oldsmobile cutlass salon cranks but dos not want to start

Asked by May 25, 2016 at 10:29 AM about the 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

Please help!!! I'm going crazy here, this is my third question posted so let me break it down. Booster died, got it changed. check the spark plugs they were nasty so got them changed. If it was cold it would start but as soon as it got warmed up it will turn off. so I checked the spark, check the fuel pump and filter. fuel pump working, fuel filter good but the ignition control module was not good so I got it changed. I got to start, but when I got in to give it a test ride it turn off again. so what the heck could it be???????????/

50

There are only a few reasons why a car c ranks but doesn't start. Either the fuel, spark, compression. If the spark plugs were nasty looking have to find out why leaking valve cover from the oil. disconnect the fuel line and crank to see if fuel comes out. If it does then the pump is working.

im haveing the same problem everthing on my car is new except the carb and im looking to see if theres a pump in the gas tank.