1986 cutlass salon with bad brake booster and it strarts but press the gas pedal it dies?

Asked by May 22, 2016 at 03:36 PM about the 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

I have a 1986 cutlass salon 3.8L v6, recently the brake booster died but know it tris to start and when it does, if you press the gas pedal it dies. what could be causing it, could it be a clogged fuel filter cause I already changed the spark plugs.

73,865

If you have not replaced the bad brake booster, try disconnecting the vacuum line running to the brake booster, plug it off and see if it runs any better. Possible the brake booster is bad enough to cause a bad vacuum leak, thus the engine would not want to run.

thank you, I just replace the booster today and then I tried to turn it on, it got on so I let it idle but when I tried to push the gas pedal when it was on it died and now the engine wont start, it tries you hear the sound. what is it now? help!!!!

120

did you figure this out? i think i have the same problem, i have a vacuum leak somewhere, it runs fine but will not hold an idle cold and take a while to warm up