Steering Issues

Asked by Dec 11, 2009 at 06:30 PM about the 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

My car does great on dry pavement, it has new tires with good tread, it's a tank! It barrels out of the driveway, thru deep snow with ease.  However, if I try to drive more than  35mph in a straight line, it veers all over the road.  Today, I had a very trustworthy mechanic replace the ball joints and the tie rod ends, thinking that it would solve the problem but it did not.  I am still unable to drive on these snowy and treacherous Northern Michigan roads...HELP!

is it front or rear drive? it sounds like a rear drive. drive it like a pickup truck, fill the trunk with heavy shit, and be twice as alert as the next guy. you probly have a tall gear in the back. i had the same thing with my dakota with a 355 gear in the back. this should work becuase i live near ohare and i also had a pair ranglers put on in the back. let me know if this works or not.