belt broke on 1981 oldsmobile

5

Asked by Dec 21, 2011 at 11:47 AM about the 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

belt broke on the car. I can see where the belt came off but I don't know how to replace the belt. I do not know the name of belt part name to ask for.

3,695

Is it the belt that drives the accessories bolted to the front of the engine?

145

you will have a alternator belt or power steering belt or you will have air conditioning belt somtimes there is a air pump bey lt if you go to napa they can sell you the right belt also fleet farm sells belts you will need two wrenches like 1/2 inch and 9/16 maby 5/8 and i tire iron work well to tighen the belts up try not to get them too tight also if it is to loose the belt will squeal if the belt you are replacing it like the sencond or third back you have to remove the the other belts too well good luck

5

Thank You for your Answer. I have not had a chance to have the Oldsmobile worked on. I now have 2 other autos with problems that I need help with. Again, "Thank You" for your time. Jessiesgyrl