Asked by May 31, 2013 at 08:10 PM about the 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

I have a 350 Rocket Motor when I start the engine up and let it run for 20 minutes oil drips
from the exhaust I noticed this during the process of putting headers on. Can someone
recomend what is causing this and what options do I haven to fix this?

If it never stops dripping, it's coolant. If it does stop after the exhaust is heated up, it condensate mixed with soot and carbon deposits.

I have never heard of oil out of exhaust on a good running engine, bad engines I've seen oil there. Make sure it is oil it does sound like what tenspeed is telling you. Check the V/C gaskets they maybe leaking and running down and it looks like from the exhaust.

It is my valve cover so what can I do

You will have to remove the valve cover and clean it up and inspect it for any cracks in the sealing area, if you find some cracks they can be brazed up and you can still use the stock valve covers, if you can't find any cracks then check the valve covers on a flat surface to make sure they are not warped too bad. and just replace the valve cover gaskets. Use a good quality gasket ie high temp or silicone style.