my buick has a hesitatoin and almost misses or is flooding

65

Asked by Jan 01, 2008 at 08:51 PM about the 1987 Buick LeSabre

I have replaced every thing fesable that i can afford there is a miss when idleing and a slight surge when trying to maintain speed.can you help?I have an 1987 lesabre 3.8

40,315

Sounds like a problem with fuel injection. Need to know more about what you replaced to see if I can narrow it down. Please repost with what you have replaced. Have you checked vacuum lines?

415

I agree with the first posting you need to give more info on what you've done.the main reasons for your issue are extensive.Mass air flow,idle air control valve,and egr are ones that happen alot.also has your car been sitting anywhere for any period of time?

65

I have replaced the air temp sens,fuel inj,mass air,plugs,wires,coil,relays for the fuel pump,and the kicker is its a recent rebuild with less than 15,000 on it and its never run right.Also the car did sit a number of years before i got it,like 5-6 years.

65

Thanks for the quick response,I have replaced almost everything under the hood.Fuel inj,air temp,mass air,relays,fuel pump,plugs wires,even the computer.there must be something i have overlooked.

65

i have replaced the fuel inj,comp,wires,plugs,air temp sens,coil,fuel pump and just about everything.also my car sat 5-6 years before i bought it.

415

it seems to me that you should remove the idle air control valve and measure the distance of the meedle i believe it should about 1and 1/16th"long any longer and its not working right also any shorter and not right aswell.if that checks out fine my next recomendation is the egr valve ot the selonoid vacuum pump.the valve should moove freely and the pump should create a slight vacuum.i did not see oxy sen in your list if not new thats the first thing i would check

Best Answer