vacuum hose routing

Asked by Oct 12, 2008 at 03:56 PM about the 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass

I am looking for a diagram for the vacuum hose routing on a 1978 Cutlass 260

40

it really doesn't matter cause most vacuum off the carb is the some

95

Try to find a Chilton or such brand repair manual for your car at an auto parts store. They come in very handy, especially if you plan on doing a lot of work yourself. These manuals almost always include wiring and vacuum line schematics.

275

re: "I'm looking for the vaccuum hose routing for a 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass". This is a great question as far as questions go. It does matter where you "source" the vaccuum from ported and so on), and service manuals aren't going to be much help, you'll likely finthe refer to under hood emmission decal reccomendation. I've put a great deal of effort in trying to figure out what was going on at Olds. (in regards to emmisions),around these years. Many mechanics simply removed, disabeled, or the parts were lost over time. Maybe you took it apart of got a vehicle that was partialy disassembled. Any ways I'll go back out to the salvage yard, they have a complete '79. I'll post info. later. Hope this helps

275

re: "vacuum hose routing for '78". It does matter where you connect the ports on various units(distrib.,"smog-pump", air cleaner assy., EGR valve, trans. modulator). And you have to have the vac. switchs in place and operating. The carb. and distrib. are calibrated to function properly like that. I checked a '79 recently however someone took the carb. and pulled off the hoses and the air cleaner assy. was gone, so no help there. I could provide you with the factory routing for Olds./Buick(77-79) with the 350 motors and auto trans. with or without air pump. I doubt it would be the same as your 260("F") motor, but probably close enough to get it running/driving.

50

Hope this helps. Daniel