Whats a good substitute for the padding between gas tank and trunk pan?

Asked by Feb 28, 2014 at 11:50 AM about the 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Question type: Car Customization

I am redoing a 1970 cutlass. When I pulled the tank, and big sheet of somekind of
material was in between the tank and the trunk pan. It was very oily and torn up. So I
tossed it. I know that it was some sort of buffer between the two. But I can not find a
replacement anywhere. What could I use instead?

1 Answer


Google "Foil Board Insulation". It comes in a roll very pliable. I would use that. Click on images.

2 of 2 people found this helpful.

Your Answer

Oldsmobile Cutlass Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Chevrolet Monte Carlo
7 Great Deals out of 1,144 listings starting at $1,125
Used Chevrolet Impala
483 Great Deals out of 31,772 listings starting at $1,000
Used Oldsmobile 442
52 listings
Used Chevrolet Caprice
141 listings starting at $6,995
Used Chevrolet Camaro
371 Great Deals out of 31,503 listings starting at $3,000
Used Ford Mustang
342 Great Deals out of 41,799 listings starting at $1,488
Used Cadillac DeVille
1,378 listings starting at $1,899
Used Dodge Charger
318 Great Deals out of 36,008 listings starting at $1,999

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.