where is the starter located on a 1983 LTD crown victoria

Asked by Sep 15, 2016 at 01:29 PM about the 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

55

Bottom right side, as you're facing the front of the car. Why do you want to change the starter? Do you know for sure if it's burned up? If it's not starting or otherwise behaving erratically, check the starter solenoid mounted on the top left of the fender well under the hood.

88,745

Nope bottom left side as your facing the car. Passenger side underneath, you will have 1 large power cable going too it.

Thanks. not looking to change it out yet just want to check the connections and maybe give it a good tap with hammer.

88,745

AAHH the hammer test method. If the brushes aren't too far gone it will work for a while.