Shoe size and Drum/Rotor question

40

Asked by Jan 31, 2014 at 09:29 PM about the 1983 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Well, I'm no mechanic by ANY STRETCH, but I'm wanting to replace the pads/shoes and drums/rotors to my 83 Crown Vic.  It's got 3 different shoe sizes (9,10, and 11) as well as a four pattern as well five pattern for...I think...the rotors (but it could be the drums).

Anyways, does anyone have a definitive answer as to the pads/shoes and drums/rotors sizes?  I can provide the VIN if that will help.  Thanks.

VIN: 2FABP43F0DB138207

19,415

For the front they are asking is it 4 or 5 bolt wheel. On the rear measure straight across the inside of drum to see if it is 9 10 or 11".

1,315

There should only be 5 bolt discs available for an LTD Crown Victoria. The LTD (Fox platform) had the 4 bolt, but that is a different car completely. I believe that is where the 9 inch drums would fit in to the equation as well. If you have a 2 or 4 door sedan, chances are you have the 10 inch drum on the back. If you have a wagon, or a sedan with the Police or Towing package, you will have the 11 inch drum. The bolt pattern you need for the drum and the disc is the 5 on 4 1/2. I think you will find the 9 inch drum has the 4 bolt pattern of the LTD, not the LTD Crown Victoria.