Im thinking of buying a 1968 Mercury Cougar

Asked by Jun 09, 2013 at 08:57 PM about the 1968 Mercury Cougar

Its a project car at best but when i saw the car i FELL IN LOVE with it. Ive done some
research and i suppose the parts are somewhat hard to find but should i invest in this
car?? And if so what websites should i look at to try and rebuild it?

27,585

Invest? No. Unless you're going extreme hot rod or Concourse, the only reason (logically) to restore one is because you love the car. If I had the extra pocket-change, I'd love to restore one of those cars just because I like the body style so much. Lots of stuff is interchangeable with the Mustang of the same vintage but a lot of stuff is rare as Hen's teeth. Investment for profit? No. For love of the car - go for it!

286,285

http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/

145

Most Cougar parts are easy to come by. There are a few places out there that have a lot of parts, West Coast Classic Cougar has the best web site & probably the most parts. John's Classic Cougar in Michigan and Ken's Cougars in Oklahoma are also good places. Cougars Unlimited has mostly Mustang parts that will work on Cougars. It's hard to make money be restoring a car. My Cougar is rare & has been in the family since the early 70's. I will never be able to sell my care for what I have in it, but then again, I restored it for me. I plan to keep it for ever. Let me know if you take the plunge.