I got a 2001 cavalier which has a horn problem. I can hit thehorn switch and hear a click. Already replaced what I believe is the horn relay switch, but I still hear it. Anybody know something?

35

Asked by Nov 10, 2009 at 11:58 AM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier

20

have you checked all the connections from the steering wheel to the actual horn?

35

Yep. The connections are solid. Would you think the horn itself is gone bad?

20

its possible, you should see how much a new one stock one is and try to buy it from somewhere where you can send it back after you install just incase thats not the problem.

5

it probably has a wire broke going to the horn or the horn itself is bad. the click you hear is one half of the circuit being completed. the other half is power from the relay to the horn.

35

will do and will check the wiring again too. thanks a ton guys.

20

sure thing

95

my 97 cavalier's horn didn't work either but neither did the cigarette lighter. I just had to replace a fuse on the driverside door and it works fine.

32,355

get 2 jumper wires one from the neg batt to the horn the other pos to horn c if the horn actually works? if it does then there is a wiring problem between the relay and the horn itself the clicking is the relay. so check the wiring between the batt through the fuse through the relay to the horn to the ground