Did the Gucci Seville have 24K gold ornament? How many were produced? Were they built by aftermarket companies? Does anybody know the price of the Gucci Seville and of the regular Model?

Asked by Jul 10, 2012 at 05:17 AM about the 1980 Cadillac Seville

275,875

From Wikipedia...."In 1979 Seville was available with an aftermarket package provided by a Miami-based firm. An agreement with Gucci, the famous leather goods and clothing company, produced a limited-issue "Gucci Seville". Available in only three colors-white, black, and medium brown-the exterior featured many indicators of the Gucci identity. A vinyl top covering only the "c-pillar" and featuring the famous Gucci interlocking double "G" fabric pattern, the interlocking "G" on the wire wheel covers, a red/green stripe across the lower edge of the trunk lid, and an interlocking double "G" hood ornament decorated the exterior. Inside, the headrests wore the double "G" pattern with a leather trim, the headliner wore the pattern, and the instrument panel bore the iconic Gucci script above the glove box. Inside the trunk was a full set of Gucci luggage. The cost of this package pushed the Seville price tag to about US$23,000." I couldn't find anything on the ornament, but I would say no to the 24K. None of the price guides list this package, so I would say it would it wouldn't add much to anything to the cost of the car unless the vehicle was in excellent to prestine condition with super low miles. At most it would help sell the car faster. Do you still have the set of luggage?

Thank you, but do you know anything about the second generation (1980-1985)?

275,875

No, sorry, I couldn't find any info for the 1980 model, thought maybe the 1979 would be what yours is, (made in 1979 for model year 1980). But my answer stil stands, probably not worth anymore than a regular Seville.

50

I'm very familiar with these Sevilles. It's not known how many were produced in 1978(1st year of Gucci model). In 1979, only 200 were made. There's only around 10 still left in the world. From 1980 to 1984(2nd generation Seville), they were made in limited numbers. But the 2nd generation Sevilles are front wheel drive =( There is a 2nd generation one at the Gucci Museo in Florence, Italy. It's labeled as a 1979, but it's not =)

50

BTW, the emblems were 24k gold plated and they were imported from Florence, Italy. These Sevilles were produced at Intl Automotive Designs and sold exclusively at Braman Cadillac in Miami, Fl.(both business were at the same location). With less than 10 left in the world, I'd say they are becoming priceless. if you can find one and if you can afford it... GET IT!!

50

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/1979/cadillac/seville/631332

hello. I have 79 Gucci Seville too. It's very hard to find the hood ornament.