In what year did they stop making the very large Cadillacs and what were all the model names associated with them?

Asked by Aug 19, 2015 at 11:21 PM about the 1975 Cadillac Seville

I want a good driving caddy in good condition inside and out for a
1973-1980 any model,particularly four door or convertible

28,065

this might help?>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cadillac_vehicles

72,475

1977 was the first year of Cadillac's downsizing move. Except for the Eldorado. The Eldorado maintained the larger body through 1978. Don't buy anything made after 1981 that has the HT4100 engine. After 1981 the only relatively safe bet is the Brougham, also called the Fleetwood Brougham. They retained a full sized (nearly 20 feet long) body through the 1996 model year, which was the last year for them. Also stay away from anything that has a Northstar V8. They ALL blow head gaskets. Introduced in the '90s the Northstar was just as disastrous as the HT4100 of the '80s. Cadillacs made before 1982 (including the brougham thru '96. They are ok too) were very reliable, large, majestic automobiles. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful
8,015

1996 fleetwood

I have had two cadillacs. My last one was a 1997 Seville and it was the best driving vehicle I have ever driven. It was the most comfortable car I have ever sat in. Today I even tested a Volvo but still prefer the Cadillac. For my money Cadillac is the way to go and I have a 2009 Cadillac DTS with only 37,000 miles on the way for me to look at now. I probably will drive it home. I drove my last one for twenty years and it is still in my yard but starting to be not so dependable. Hope this helps. I even like the caddy better than a BMW.

I only drive Cadillac’s for obvious reasons for all Cadillacers. I just replaced my Opellac as I call it, a CTS V6 piece of sht car and went back to the real deal a 1993 Eldorado. It’s got the Northstar, a grate engine but yes they do blow the head gaskets. Been there with my 1999 STS. well so what. It’s the price to pay to drive a nice car. There is nothing like those older Cads. I’ve had Mercedes, Volvo, Tesla and lots of other cars. They simply don’t make em like they used to. I’ll stick with older Cadillacs, and enjoy every mile. Mmmm