1985 caddy hearse

Asked by Nov 05, 2013 at 08:58 PM about the 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood

so i found this 1985 cadillac hearse on craigslist that i want to buy, its 4500 or best offer -
the photos look incredible. i dont know much about cars but i need to replace the piece of
crap i have now. is it super risky? ive been to forums and stuff and people who own these
cars say theyre sturdy and get pretty good mileage despite their age, plus theres the
novelty. my mom thinks its a terrible idea. is it a terrible idea?

251,615

A hearse? A novelty vehicle for sure, unless your a funeral director. A clean 1985 caddy is in the $300K-$4000K. Do you have room to park it? Not sure what your driving now. It's a 28 year old car, it's going to need some work, so have some extra cash on hand.

I havent seen it yet, would definitely test it out and have a mechanic look at it before making any decisions. I can't seem to find much information so I was wondering what types of issues a car like this might be prone to? I'm driving a 96 Pontiac Bonneville now, which is my first car and was already in less than great shape when I bought it 5 years ago. Ive put a lot of money into repairs and I dont want to do that again. Realizing this is an old vehicle I'm looking at, im thinking since its only been used professionally it wont have much wear and will hopefully be easy to maintain..? I'm just so attracted to it but it would be my everyday vehicle so i want to be smart about it.

5,820

Don't wast your time and money. 1985 cad the parts are very expensive and hard to find. Cads are a expensive vihicale to repair . Tom I hope you mean $3000 to $4000 and not $300,000.00 to 400,000.00 could buy a nice house for that. Hurses are nice but they are a novelty. With that year you will be lucky to get 11 to 13 mpg and thats on a good day

5,820

I meant 4000,000.00

251,615

Ron, typo for sure, thanks for noticing. Would be a nice tailgate vehicle, but as a daily driver? No

1,085

Unless of corpse, the body and innards are not in terminal condition, it might be worth a look. Don't however, make the grave error of buying it thinking it's going to be cheap to operate. Body parts as well as internal bits are very expensive and if your not careful, you'll be coffin up a lot of money. On the plus side, these were very heavy duty vehicles so they were built to take it. However with heavy duty abilities come some costs that could bury you. It's not my urn of tea, but I can see where it would have a processional appeal to certain people.