78 caddy fleetwood not turning over

Asked by Jan 01, 2010 at 12:03 PM about the 1978 Cadillac Fleetwood

It will crank but not start.  I thought it was cold blooded at first as it needed to be warmed up for 5 minutes before it would stall out. One time it started the next morning, as it flooded out the next morning, now it wont fire up. Is this the fuel filter-if so where is it located? The tank is under the lisence plate. Thanks

155

Most likely the choke is not functioning.

if its with a q-jet then look for a little can on the carb. if its tbi then look somewhere on the inside framerail or in the engine bay for a can that looks somewhat like a smashed/bloted redbull can. if this works then it should cost nomore then $10 for the part.